Civil Matters:

  • Setting Aside Criminal Convictions and Arrests (Expungements)
  • Relief from Prohibition Against Possessing and Receiving Firearms
  • Relief from Sex Offender Registration
  • Name change, sex change

If you have a criminal record, Michelle S. Bartov can assist you in setting aside (expunging) your arrest and conviction record. Additionally, a conviction can result in a prohibition from possessing firearms or a requirement to register as a sex offender, but Oregon law allows for relief from these two important consequences under certain circumstances. Michelle will examine the relevant statutes and inform you if you are eligible for such relief prior to taking your case, to ensure you are not wasting your time or your money.

To expunge your record of an arrest or conviction or restore your rights, Michelle will gather all appropriate information and documentation that is relevant to clearing your record. This includes employment history, residential history, education, family, involvement in the community, and if applicable, successful completion of probation and/or treatment. The firm will ensure the appropriate paperwork is filed with the court and zealously advocate for you at a hearing, if the state requests one.

Michelle also has experience in estate planning, including drafting Wills, Delegation of Parental Rights, Powers of Attorney, and more.

If Michelle does not specialize in the matter with which you need assistance, Michelle will make sure you are referred to an attorney who does.